Brussels sprouts have a notoriously bad wrap as the bad-boys of the Thanksgiving veggie selection. But really, they're one of the healthiest choices for that dinner spread. While we know nothing can beat the flavor of some greasy bacon, the pairing of sprouts with earthy sage and a little dose of good ol' butter makes for the perfect turkey accompaniment.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6-8 leaves fresh sage, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss sprouts with olive oil. Place sliced side down on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes, or until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Cook sage until butter is lightly brown and you start to smell sage, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- When sprouts are done roasting, remove from oven and pour butter and sage mixture over top. Toss to coat, and season with salt and pepper to taste.